Connect with us

NFL

Julio Jones deletes Atlanta Falcons photos from Instagram

Published

on

Atlanta Falcons receiver Julio Jones has yet to join the team for offseason workouts, according to multiple sources, and the deletion of Falcons photos from his Instagram page fueled speculation regarding unrest between Jones and the team.

Jones was not with his teammates when the Falcons officially began offseason workouts last week but was expected back this week. However, he wasn’t present when the players returned to the field Monday.

The team said the deletion of the Falcons photos had to do with Jones wanting a “fresh start” on social media and nothing more.

One source told ESPN it was to set an example for Alabama players. Jones, a star receiver at Alabama from 2008-10, had spent the day with Crimson Tide players.

There have been whispers about a possible contract situation regarding Jones, but nothing has gone public from Jones’ camp or from the team.

The five-time Pro Bowler signed a five-year, $71.25 million extension ($47 million guaranteed) in August 2015 and still has three years and $34.43 million left on the deal. His average from the deal — $14.25 million — falls below the averages for Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown ($17 million per year), Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans ($16.5 million), Houston’s DeAndre Hopkins ($16.2 million), Kansas City’s Sammy Watkins ($16 million) and Cincinnati’s A.J. Green ($15 million).

The Falcons have prioritized signing quarterback Matt Ryan to an extension this offseason, with Ryan having one year and $19.25 million left on his deal. General manager Thomas Dimitroff also talked about nose tackle Grady Jarrett, left tackle Jake Matthews and free safety Ricardo Allen possibly being extended. The immediate focus is preparing for Thursday’s NFL draft.

The Falcons have said it is important to have Jones healthy this offseason to put in the practice time with Ryan. Jones is working out with former NFL receiver Terrell Owens.

Jones’ absence from the team will become more of a concern if he’s not around for mandatory minicamp, June 12-14.

Source link

NFL

Source — Denver Broncos offensive lineman, Minnesota Vikings linebacker positive for coronavirus

Published

on

The Denver Broncos have postponed practice Friday after an offensive lineman tested positive for COVID-19, a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Broncos coach Vic Fangio informed his team that they will conduct virtual meetings Friday, the source said. The Broncos are expected to practice Saturday ahead of Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Broncos offensive line coach Mike Munchak has been in the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols this week and has not been in the team’s complex or attended practice. On Thursday, Fangio would not say if Munchak had tested positive for COVID-19 and did not offer a timetable for Munchak’s return.

Denver running backs coach Curtis Modkins tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month and did not travel to the Broncos’ game against the New England Patriots on Oct. 18. Modkins has been back with the team this week.

A Minnesota Vikings linebacker also tested positive for COVID-19, a source said. The Vikings had coronavirus-related concerns after facing the Tennessee Titans amid the outbreak on that team but did not report a positive test at that time.

The Vikings are scheduled to face the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.

Source link

Continue Reading

NFL

Baltimore Ravens sign LT Ronnie Stanley to five-year, $98.75M extension, source says

Published

on

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — The Baltimore Ravens signed All-Pro left tackle Ronnie Stanley to a five-year, $98.75 million extension on Friday, a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

The deal includes $70.866 million in total guarantees and maxes out at $112.866 million, the source said. Stanley will make $47.116 million between Sept. 13 and March 31, 2021.

The Ravens announced that they had signed Stanley, 26, through the 2025 season but did not reveal financial terms.

At $19.75 million per season, Stanley becomes the NFL’s second-highest-paid left tackle, trailing only the Houston TexansLaremy Tunsil ($22 million).

The No. 6 overall pick in the 2016 draft, Stanley reached his first Pro Bowl last season and was named first-team All-Pro.

“Ronnie is the mainstay on our offensive line,” Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said. “He’s a shutdown left tackle who excels on the field and in our community. This is just the beginning for Ronnie, and we could not be happier for him and his family.”

Stanley becomes the latest young Pro Bowl player to get signed long term by Baltimore. On Oct. 1, the Ravens signed cornerback Marlon Humphrey to a five-year, $97.5 million extension.

Both players signed extensions with the Ravens without becoming the highest-paid player at their position.

Source link

Continue Reading

NFL

New York Giants have no new positive coronavirus tests

Published

on

The New York Giants have no new positive coronavirus tests as of Friday morning, a source told ESPN.

The team announced Friday morning that all of those who were sent home Thursday for being in close contact with a COVID-19-positive person will be back with the team today.

Giants offensive lineman Will Hernandez was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday, with a source telling ESPN that Hernandez had tested positive. A player is put on the reserve/COVID-19 list after a positive test or potential exposure to the virus.

In total, eight players and two coaches were not at the team’s facility Thursday, including Andrew Thomas, Nick Gates and Cameron Fleming, who, along with Hernandez, start on the offensive line.

The two coaches were defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson and outside linebackers coach/senior assistant Bret Bielema.

Meetings Friday will be held remotely, and practice will be held at MetLife Stadium because of wet grounds at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center, the team said.

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending