Connect with us

Formula One great Alan Jones says only a “bloody miracle” will allow the Australian Grand Prix to go ahead in March and that a rescheduled 2021 Melbourne race is “better than nothing”.

An Autosport report has suggested that the opening round of this year’s Formula One competition, scheduled for Melbourne on March 21, will be postponed because of Australia’s tough travel restrictions and fears over the emergence of a new strain of COVID-19.

The March 28 race in Bahrain is reportedly now set to become the season-opening contest, with an August date now being mooted for the Melbourne race.

Jones, only one of two Australians to win the World Drivers’ Championship, said the public’s health had to be the priority, and that the season would run the risk of being “compromised” if the Melbourne race opened the year’s program in March.

“I have always loved the idea of Australia hosting the first round, because we’re the first ones to see new driver-car combinations, new regulations put into place … we’re very fortunate that we’ve able to host the first round,” Jones said.

Source link

Motorsport

F1 2021 news, driver line-ups: Daniel Ricciardo, McLaren, Renault, Results, Constructor Championship

Published

on

Daniel Ricciardo may have made the switch to McLaren ahead of the 2021 season but he has left with a clear picture of just how much Renault have transformed since his arrival in 2019.

Renault has recorded ninth, sixth, fourth and fifth (twice) placed finishes in the Constructors’ Championship since its full-time return in 2016.

Ricciardo’s signature was a serious coup but his first year did not live up to expectations, with the Aussie admitting that he would ramp up the pressure in 2020.

Get all the latest F1 news, highlights and analysis delivered straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Sign up now!!!

Source link

Continue Reading

Motorsport

F1 news 2021: Romain Grosjean crash, injuries revealed, horrific burns

Published

on

WARNING: Graphic

F1 star Romain Grosjean has shown off the gruesome damage done to his hands after his bandages were finally removed six weeks after his horror smash.

The former Haas driver, 34, crashed at 225km/h at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix. Grosjean’s car split in two and instantly burst into flames.

The Swiss-Frenchman was only saved by his Haas’ protective halo device and his racing suit, new for the 2020 season and designed to withstand flames for 20 seconds.

Grosjean confessed he “saw death coming” after smashing through the safety barriers.

Source link

Continue Reading

Motorsport

Dakar Rally 2021 results, standings: Toby Price crash, injury, health, updates, taken to hospital, video

Published

on

Two-time Dakar motorbike champion Toby Price crashed out of this year’s rally in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, the Australian having to be airlifted to hospital after a serious accident as French veteran Stephane Peterhansel took a massive step towards a record 14th title.

Peterhansel has one hand on the trophy again after landing his first stage win of 2021, the Mini driver emerging from the ninth stage Red Sea run over dirt and rocks with a near 18-minute overall lead in the car category.

But the day was marred by Price’s crash which left him dazed after hitting his head.

He had started the stage in second place overall, a little over a minute adrift of Chilean leader Jose Ignacio Cornejo Florimo.

Get all the latest motorsport news, highlights and analysis delivered straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Sign up now!!!



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending